School Furniture & Classroom Furniture Information and Resources
Virco Plastic Colors
8900 Series Chair Colors:
1. School Desks/Chairs Size chart
- When purchasing school desks and chairs, the correct size is very important for the comfort of your students . The proper way to measure a desk is by measuring from the floor to the chair seat bottom.
To determine the correct size desk for your classroom, use this desk sizing chart.
- Another thing to consider is the construction of the desk itself. Virco has several different materials to choose from. From High-Pressure Laminate tops to Hard Composite Plastic. Thick 1/18″ tubular steel frames offer a sturdy desk and edufurniture has them priced for your school budget.
- For a more ergonomic solution in classroom furniture, Virco offers the I.Q., Zuma, and the new Sage Series student desks and chairs.
2. Cafeteria Tables
- Cafeteria Tables come in several sizes. edufurniture strongly recommends the 17″ seat height for grades 4 and above.
- The bench and stool models are very popular in schools beacause of their mobility, easy storage, and easy clean up for your lunchroom staff.
- We carry many models of lunchroom tables. Contact us for a free consultation to maximize your cafeteria furniture purchase.
3. Computer Tables & Desks
- There are many options and considerations when choosing computer furniture for the classroom setting. It is recommended to call one of our trained staff before purchasing.
- Computer School Furniture should always include a wire managemant tray and grommets, and in most cases a keyboard tray should be installed.
- Depending upon how your classroom computer lab is wired and the type of computer hardware that is going to be used on the table makes a difference in what choices you should consider.
- Edufurniture specializes in school furniture for student computer labs. We have serviced nationwide furnishing projects for many years
4. Dry Erase Boards
- Dry erase boards, also called markerboards come in three basic surface materials.
- Melamine – Less expensive but not as durable and leaves some ghosting. “Ghosting” is when the markerboard will not completely erase without heavy erasing and use of liquid.
- High Pressure Laminate – New surface that offers durability and no ghosting.
- Porcelain Steel – This dry erase board surface has superior strength and durability without ghosting.